Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 3 - London

On our third day in London we had a bit of a scare. The night before at Hairspray, my bag had dumped everywhere on to the seat on the floor below me. I thought I had gotten everything, but I guess I hadn't. I woke up that morning and realized that I didn't have the brand new palm-sized video camera in my bag. We frantically called the theater and they said they had found a camera last night. We showed up at the theater and it was ours! Lucky us!

Mom's brother/Lauren's Uncle came down from Cheshire to spend the day with us in London - we will be spending the last week of our trip with him at his home. After rescuing the video camera, we had a great day.

We visited Hampton Court Palace - one of King Henry VIII's homes. It was really incredible. It was the house he acquired from Cardinal Woolsey. It was quite neat and we learned some interesting things. The gardens were also very beautiful and we had a good time strolling through them.

The Palace

These were some of the Tudor Court's Table manners - we thought they were pretty funny!

I thought this was pretty interesting as well!

Some of the beautiful gardens!



We had some authentic London Indian food before we sent Robert back to his train and we went to see Billy Elliot. Billy Elliot was fabulous! It was a great show and the kid who played Billy was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment